Saturday, February 23, 2008

American Idol parodies


I'm enjoying American Idol again this year, watching and talking about it with the girls. Not that I'm bragging, but I successfully picked Jordin Sparks to win last year when the field was cut down to a final 16. My picks to leave this week are: Amanda Overmyer (the goth-rocker who sounds like Kim Carnes), Kristy Lee Cook (looks, sounds just like every other blonde Idol contestant), Danny Noriega (this year's version of Sanjaya -- only this one cries a lot) and Chikezie (whatever that means).

If you pushed me, I'd bet on Ramiele Malubay and David Archuleta being the final two. I need another week to fully decide, however.

Here are some of my favorite American Idol vids:











5 comments:

Rachel said...

My money is also on Cute David Archuleta.

Unknown said...

I thought that little Danny Noriega did a fantastic job during his performance, and I actually would have voted for him, except for he is SO ANNOYING that I'm completely turned off and just can't bring myself to officially root for him.

Unknown said...

I also like that little David.

Anonymous said...

Danny Noriega really creeps me out. I'm also betting on an early departure for the non-dreaded Jason and Luke, who looks like a 90210 guy and/or Orlando Bloom. But you might be right about Chekizie going first.

Kristy Lee Cook is off this week - I totally agree there. And Amanda Overmyer is too boring for me. Dan likes her, though.

Jimmy Olichwier said...

My early final 2 prediction, Lil' David A. and the Irish lass.