Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Crocs are the new Jellies

Anya had her yellow Crocs on today. Remember when Jelly shoes were all the rage?

Also, we ate at Old Country Buffet. I'm guessing the last time I set foot in an OCB was in the late 1980s. The food is darn good, the kids are cheap to feed and I sure was stuffed. Aside from that, I have never seen such an odd conglomeration of old folks, mullets, fat people and misbehaved kids in one spot. It was like living in a "My Name Is Earl" episode.

Did I mention I'm really full?

3 comments:

Jimmy Olichwier said...

The last time I went to "My Name Is Earl Buffet", Teri and I overheard some yahoo berating his wife about where the mail was placed on the counter. On top of that, they were there with their son who was about 10-12 years old and he just kept hammering away at her until she started crying, then he went after her some more. That was about five years ago and we haven't been back since. I'm guessing there were other issues at hand, but he kept going after her about some junk mail.

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I've never been there, but it sounds like just the environment that the Hentges' will fit into nicely...can't remember the last time we went out to eat as a family--expense and 4 unruly, HUNGRY children is not my idea of quality family time. If you're ever in the mood for that kind of atmosphere again, without any expense, you're welcome in our home anytime...even at dinnertime!

Anonymous said...

Have you been to the all you can eat Chinese buffet by Paul's? I think they charge for kids according to their weight or age, or something like that. The twist cone machine is a plus. Ooh, and the jello cubes.