Saturday, May 3, 2008

Arne Carlson is a great political mind

A few days ago I was stuck in traffic yet again and listening to Dan Barreiro on KFAN. The half hour I lived between Seven Corners and the U of M were at times unsettling. I mean, who wants to sit idle for that long on the bridge next to the one that fell down? While burning fuel in a mostly idling state, I found this interview to be largely fantastic. It seems to me former Minnesota governor Arne Carlson has become a great political mind. Abby may be the only person other than me to love this interview, but he makes some outstanding points. His ideas about the Obama/Clinton battle and later the mistakes John McCain is making are insightful and entertaining. Take a listen. It takes about 30 seconds to get going, but it's worthwhile.



My favorite tidbits: Al Gore should be the Democrat's presidential candidate, but probably Obama and Clinton will have to run together to win.

Arne has a good blog on Channel 9 that is also worth a read. His latest post is about how Republican Governor Tim Pawlenty and Minnesota state Democrats need to find a way around the budget issue that could really hurt Minnesotans in the long run.




Oddly, he's become my favorite political pundit (and is much easier on the ears than southern idiot James Carville).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried listening but it's playing in fast-forward so sounds like chipmunks. Is there a web link to the audio?

Anonymous said...

It's on the KFAN "Fan on Demand" site. This URL should take you to the index. The Arne Carlson interview is from April 29.