Saturday, March 8, 2008

Don't we all miss Slave Raider?

I was thinking about how much fun it used to be to run out to The Press or a local ballroom and see Slave Raider and all the hubub that went along with them. The band was best with Leticia Ray on bass and, frankly, their Led Zepplin, Rush and Queen covers were the best parts of the show. Chainsaw Caine invented the chainsaw solo -- only to have the idea stolen by Jackyl.

Remember when that chick climbed on the stage in 1986 at the New Munich Ballroom (RIP) and took off her shirt? It was the same night Mick was nailed in the head by a thrown bottle... good times, good times. Whadda ya say? ...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss seeing more of Jim's Blogs!
Julie

Anonymous said...

I remember everything that night until I got hit with the bottle. :) Wasn't Patch with that night and some Poison cover band playing inside? I wish I had a dollar for every time I saw them play.

Mick